Mossel Bay Backpackers is a friendly hostel located at The Point in Mossel Bay, the first town in the magnificent Garden Route of South Africa. We are situated right in the heart of the town, within walking distance to the best surf spots, restaurants, pubs and local attractions.
We are fully equipped with television, self-catering kitchen, dorm rooms and private rooms, lockers for your personal items, a licensed bar, swimming pool and braai/barbecue area.
In the area you will find the Khoi-San (Bushman) cave, the Bartholomeu Dias Museum with the Old Post Office Tree monument, Shell Museum and the Caravelle (old ship).
Activities in Mossel Bay include Point of Human Origins Archaeological Tours, shark cage diving, deep sea fishing, surfing, sand boarding, Big Five safaris, horse riding, scuba diving, day tours, adventure tours and lots more. Click here for more info on what to see and do in the Garden Route.
Please note: Regretfully we cannot accommodate guests under the age of 18 years.
- BAZ BUS Stop
- Rock the Route Pick-up and Drop-off Point
- Dorm Rooms: strong, sturdy bunk beds with clean, fitted sheets, pillows, pillow cases and a blanket
- Private Rooms: Double rooms, some with en-suite bathroom, with clean, fitted sheets, pillows, pillow cases and a blanket
- Bathrooms: Hot, clean showers with a basin and toilet
- Lounge / Chill Areas: TV with M-Net, plenty of seating, bench tables, books, games, pool table, foosball table
- Outdoor areas: Braai/barbecue facilities, swimming pool and sun deck
- Free WIFI and PC Facilities
- Free Tea and Coffee
- Large Communal Kitchen: Self-catering fully equipped facilities, including stove, fridge, micro-oven, kettle, toaster, plus all utensils, cutlery etc. and a magnificent view of the bay
- Meals: Breakfasts and dinners upon request, at budget prices
- Garden Route Adventure Centre: Book all your activities in one place. We provide all the information and make the booking for you, giving you more time to relax and enjoy yourself
- Shuttle Service on Request